Skinny Broadband is a fast broadband service for residential customers in urban areas.
It connects your home to our network via a 4G wireless connection to your house. That means the throughput on your connection should be higher than ADSL broadband.
Skinny Broadband runs on the Spark 4G network.
Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband is broadband only. You don’t get a landline or phone number.
Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband is only available in certain areas within the Spark 4G coverage area.
Skinny Broadband Service Charges
|Monthly Data allowance
Additional Data Charges
If you reach your monthly data cap, you have two options:
- Purchase an extra 10GB of data for $20.
- Cancel your current Monthly Plan and purchase the Plan again.
Set Up Charges
- There are no set up charges other than the $99 for the modem.
- The modem can only be delivered to a New Zealand address and delivery is free of charge.
For more information about access types, click here.
For more information about broadband speeds and performance, click here.
Minimum Contract Period
- Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband is prepaid so you can cancel the service any time.
Early Termination Fee
- There is no cancellation fee if you stop using Skinny Broadband.
- There is no notice period if you want to cancel your broadband service.
- We reserve the right to manage traffic at peak times, to ensure all customers get the best possible experience even at busy times. Overall, this should have a positive benefit for our customers. If we make any changes to this policy which will have a material impact on you we will let you know.
- We don’t run a Fair Use Policy on Skinny Broadband.
Effects On Other Services
- Skinny Broadband does not include landline or phone number.
- Services such as medic alerts, monitored home alarms, faxes, interactive features of SKY digital or PABXs are incompatible.
- Skinny Broadband is not a static IP address so it can’t be used as a gateway server or for hosting particular games.
- Skinny Broadband can’t do VOIP.
- There are no additional charges for Skinny Broadband.