Skinny Broadband is a fast broadband service for residential customers in urban areas.
It connects your home to our network via a 4G wireless connection to your house. That means the throughput on your connection should be higher than ADSL broadband.
Skinny Broadband runs on the Spark 4G network.
Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband is broadband-only. You don’t get a landline or phone number.
Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband is only available in certain areas within the Spark 4G coverage area.
Skinny Broadband Service Charges
|Monthly Data allowance
Additional Data Charges
If you reach your monthly data cap, you have two options:
- Purchase an extra 10GB of data for $20.
- Cancel your current Monthly Plan and purchase the Plan again.
Set Up Charges
- You'll be charged $99 for our Skinny Huawei B618 modem if you join us on non-contract. However, if you join us on a 12-month contract, you won't have to worry about this fee!
- The modem can only be delivered to a New Zealand address and delivery is $10.
For more information about access types, click here.
For more information about broadband speeds and performance, click here.
Minimum Contract Period
- Skinny Wireless 4G Broadband offers both contract and non-contract services!
- If you join us on a 12-month contract, you won't need to pay for the modem which costs $99.
- If you join us without a contract, you'll need to pay $99 upfront for the modem cost.
Early Termination Fee
- Since the contract is for 12 months, Skinny charges an early termination fee based on a two-tier period system.
- If you cancel within the first 6 months of your contract, your early termination fee is $249.
- If you cancel after the first 6 months of your contract (whilst within the 12-month contract), your early termination fee is $124.
- There is no notice period if you want to cancel your prepaid broadband service. However, if you have signed up on a 12-month contract, you will have to abide by your contract and stay for the remainder of your 12-month period. In terms of your plan renewal, you are given 14 days of grace period to pay for your plan before your void the contract.
- We reserve the right to manage traffic at peak times, to ensure all customers get the best possible experience even at busy times. Overall, this should have a positive benefit for our customers. If we make any changes to this policy that will have a material impact on you we will let you know.
- We don’t run a Fair Use Policy on Skinny Broadband.
Effects On Other Services
- Skinny Broadband does not include a landline or phone number.
- Services such as medic alerts, monitored home alarms, faxes, interactive features of SKY digital or PABXs are incompatible.
- Skinny Broadband is not a static IP address so it can’t be used as a gateway server or for hosting particular games.
- Skinny Broadband can’t do VOIP.
- There are no additional charges for Skinny Broadband.