How do I set up my voicemail?
Please note that voicemail is a separate charge from Plans and Add-Ons and you must have credit on your account to be able to check your voicemail messages.
Minutes from Plans cannot be used to check voicemail.
NB: Some Plans have voicemail charges included. i.e. $46 Plan
When you receive a voicemail, a text notification that includes the time, date and originating mobile number will be sent to your phone. (Refer to the image below)
To set up and check voicemail:
- You can set up your voicemail by dialling 789 from your Skinny mobile.
- You can check your voicemail by dialling 222 from your Skinny mobile or 0204VOICEM from another number.
Note - Voice mail costs 18 cents per call to voicemail
To reset your voicemail pin:
- Dial either 222, 789 or 0204 VOICEM (0204 864236) from your Skinny Mobile then select option 4 to change your PIN.
- If you enter the incorrect pin more than 5 times it will lock your voicemail account and we will have to reset your pin manually. Please call us on 0800 475 4669 if your account has been locked.
- You can ONLY change your PIN from your Skinny Mobile.
Note - You can save up to 30 voicemail messages on your phone.
Any new or unplayed messages will be deleted after 30 days and played messages are deleted after 3 days.
If you save your message, it will be stored for 90 days.
When you're out of NZ there is a per minute charge to receive calls. This also applies to the calls left on your voicemail (regardless of whether you listen to the message or not).
Each voicemail message left can only be up to two minutes long so you'll only get charged for up to 2 minutes max.
Due to using other networks, there is also a per minute charge to 'call' or access your voicemail while you're overseas.
However, to make it easy for yourself, we suggest turning off voicemail while you're out of NZ. You can do this by sending us an email with your name and phone number to email@example.com and we will turn it off for you.
Just remember to contact us when you get back to NZ and want to turn it back on.