Unable to send / receive text messages (SMS)
I can't send or receive text messages. How do I fix this?
Here are a few things to check if you're having trouble sending or receiving text messages
1. Check that your phone is compatible with Skinny (if you didn't buy it from us).
2. Check your coverage.
3. Make sure your SIM is inserted firmly and correctly within the phone.
4. Check that Airplane Mode is turned off.
5. Check that you have enough credit to send a text message.
6. Check SMS service center is set to 64277438600.
7. Check the number you are texting is formatted correctly. E.g. Use the correct country code for international numbers.
8. Perform a restart of your device. Take your battery and SIM card our for 1 minute, put everything back together and then try sending a text message (SMS).
9. Check that your text message inbox has not reached its capacity.
10. Try deleting the contact and the message thread and sending the text message again.
If you are still experiencing issues after you have tried the above, please call our Technical Support team on 204 from your Skinny mobile or 0800 4 754669 from another number for further troubleshooting.
Unable to send messages to premium numbers?
A text is a subscription serviceprovided by service providers and carried over the mobile network by your mobile phone carrier. Each service provider charges a fee for the /MMS and these services would come from