Unable to send or receive text messages
I can't send or receive text messages. How do I fix this?
Here are a few things to check if you're having trouble sending or receiving text messages
1. Check that your phone is compatible with Skinny (if you didn't buy it from us).
2. Check your coverage.
3. Make sure your SIM is inserted firmly and correctly within the phone.
4. Check that Airplane Mode is turned off.
5. Check that you have enough credit to send a text message.
6. Check SMS service centre is set to 64277438600.
7. Check the number you are texting is formatted correctly. E.g. Use the correct country code for international numbers.
8. Perform a restart of your device. Take your battery and SIM card our for 1 minute, put everything back together and then try sending a text message (SMS).
9. Check that your text message inbox has not reached its capacity.
10. Try deleting the contact and the message thread and sending the text message again.
If you are still experiencing issues after you have tried the above, please chat with us below for further troubleshooting.
Unable to send or receive messages to premium numbers?
A text is a subscription serviceprovided by service providers and carried over the mobile network by your mobile phone carrier. Each service provider charges a fee for the /MMS and these services would come from
Whilst 2424 is free for Skinny customers, other premium numbers may not be free and will incur a charge. For a list of these premium numbers and premium fee, click here! We suggest all Skinny customers be careful and always read the rules of all premium text services and carefully decide whether paying is worthwhile for you.
Having issues replying to verification texts from a bank or any other private company?
This could be due to two main reasons, either you have your premium SMS settings not configured correctly or you don't have enough credit to send that text as some companies charge you for texting their systems. Here's a list of these premium numbers and premium fees, click here!
To fix the Premium SMS settings, simply click here!