Skinny Jump | Set-up Videos
Welcome to Skinny Jump! Now that you have our easy plug-in-and-go Skinny B315 or a B618 modem and an AC power adapter, you can start using the Internet service within minutes!
The following videos and guides will help you through setting up with 3 easy steps. You can pause, rewind or forward the video as you go so don't worry!
Before you get started though, please make sure that you have an email address that you can easily access and your modem is plugged in and turned on.
How to Set-up Videos
The following links will guide you through setting up your Skinny Jump account and remember, you can pause, rewind or move forward as you go so you can set up at your own pace!
Step 1 - Signing up to Skinny
First off, you'll need to sign up for Skinny so you can top-up and renew your plan every 30 days.
- Type www.skinny.co.nz/jump-register into the address bar of any web browser. Be patient, it might take a couple of minutes.
- Next, click the 'Get Started Now' button.
- Select the 'Broadband' tab, and once it loads up, enter the broadband number and verification code that are written on your modem. (It will either be on the back or on the bottom of your modem)
- Then, click 'Activate'!
- Now you'll need to fill out the customer details on this page. Just so you know, your 'delivery address' is the same as your home address and you'll also need to make up a password for the account.
- Click 'Sign Up' and you're good to go!
Step 2 - Verifying your account
Now we need to make sure our Jump broadband is going to the right person, by verifying your account. Skinny will have sent you an email, you'll now need to go to your email account and open it. Please note that this email may have ended up in your 'Junk' or 'Spam' folder.
- Open the email.
- Click on the link in the email that says 'CLICK HERE' to verify your email address.
- Now if you refresh your inbox by clicking the word 'Inbox', you'll see a new THANK YOU email from Skinny.
- Open up this email, and click on the PERSONAL DASHBOARD link. (This is where you'll be able to check how much data you've used, and how much you have left.)
- Your Skinny Jump online account is ready!
Step 3 - Setting up your modem
- Plug your modem into a power point using the black power cord (the one with a power adaptor).
- Tap the Settings icon on your smartphone, tablet or laptop. (It usually looks like a mechanical cogwheel.)
- Scroll through the list of settings until you find Wi-Fi (On an iPhone it may also be listed under Connections; on Android devices, it may be under Wireless & Networks).
- Choose the Skinny network by tapping it. It will be called SPARK-B315-5505 (these numbers are just an example and yours will be different from these).
- Enter the password (WIFI KEY) by tapping the password field. Then type the WIFI KEY found on the back or the base of your modem (it is case sensitive)
- If you have entered it correctly you will see the word ‘Connected'.
You're all done!