Skinny Gifting - FAQs
FAQ's - Gifting
I'm not on a Rollover Plan. Can I still gift Data or Minutes?
- Nope, you can't gift Data or Minutes but you can still transfer Top-up credit even if you aren't on a Rollover Plan.
Do I need to be on a Plan to receive a gift?
- Nope, you simply need to have an active Skinny Mobile account. However, if you aren't on a Rollover Plan, you get access to your Rollover gift for 7 days. If you're on Skinny Direct or Skinny Broadband though, you can not receive a gift.
Can I transfer Minutes of a $36, $46, or $66 Plan?
- Unfortunately not. The $36, $46, or $66 Plan has unlimited Minutes which can't be gifted or shared. But if you have Rollover Minutes on your account that you haven't been using, you can contact us on 0800 4SKINNY (0800 475 4669) so we can help gift Rollover minutes to any active Skinny mobile number.
How come I only have 7 days to use my gift?
- A gift is valid for 12 months. If you are on an active Rollover Plan you can use the Rollover Data or Minutes you've been gifted just like the other Rollover Allocation type on your account - there's no 7-day usage limit.
- If you aren't on a Rollover Plan, you get access to your Rollover gift for 7 days. If you haven't used it all up before the 7 days, it will stay on your account for a total of 12 months, but you'll only be able to access it once you buy a Rollover Plan.
I sent my gift to the wrong account, what do I do?
- Contact us on 0800 475 4669 and we'll sort you out with this one
Is there a limit to how much I can gift?
- Yes, you can gift up to $60 per 7 days, 1GB of Rollover Data per 28 days, and 500 Rollover Minutes per 28 days.
I received a gift - can I re-gift it?
- Absolutely, you can re-gift using the Skinny Mobile App - it'll be treated like any Skinny gift.
Do I get a notification when my gift expires?
- The gift is added to your existing allowances, so you'll be getting the standard notifications when your allowance runs out.
I am on a Rollover Plan and I have not exceeded the monthly Gifting Limit, however, I am still unable to Gift any of my Rollover Minutes or Data. Why is that?
- If you are currently on any retired Plans such as the $16 Big Value, $26 Big Data or the $46 Ultimate Plans, you will have to upgrade to our current 4-Weekly Prepay Rollover Plans in order to use Skinny Gifting.
Don't worry, we have not changed the prices for these new Rollover Plans. In fact, we've added even more data and minutes to them! Click here for more information!