Skinny Gifting - FAQs
How can I gift Rollover minutes/data?
- You can only send gifts via the Skinny Mobile App!
For Android users - click here
For Apple users - click here
I'm not on a Rollover Plan. Can I still gift Data or Minutes?
- Nope, you can't gift Data or Minutes but you can still transfer Top-up credit even if you aren't on a Rollover Plan.
Do I need to be on a Plan to receive a gift?
- Nope, you simply need to have an active Skinny Mobile account. However, if you are not on a Rollover Plan, you get access to your Rollover gift for the next 7 days once you receive it. If you're on Skinny Direct or Skinny Broadband though, you can not receive a gift.
Can I transfer Minutes from our retired $36, $46, or $66 Plan?
- Unfortunately, no. The retired $36, $46, or $66 Plans have unlimited Minutes that can't be gifted or shared. But if you have Rollover Minutes on your account that you haven't been using, you can use the Skinny Mobile app and gift Rollover minutes to any active Skinny mobile number.
Can I transfer Minutes from Endless Plans? ($20 Weekly Unlimited, $36, $46, $70 Plans)
- Unfortunately, no. Endless Mobile Plans come with Unlimited minutes that can't be gifted or shared. However, if you have Rollover Minutes on your account that you haven't been using, you can use the Skinny Mobile app and gift Rollover minutes to any active Skinny mobile number.
Why do I only have 7 days to use my gifted minutes/data?
- With Skinny, a gift is valid for 12 months. If you are on an active Rollover Plan, you can use the Rollover Data or Minutes you've been gifted just like the other Rollover Allocation type on your account - you only have 7 days to use your gifted minutes/data if you don't have an active Rollover Plan.
- If you aren't on a Rollover Plan, you get access to your Rollover gift for 7 days. If you haven't used it all up before the 7 days, it will stay on your account for a total of 12 months, but you'll only be able to access it once you buy a Rollover Plan.
I sent my gift to the wrong account, what do I do?
- Chat with us below and we'll sort you out with this one!
Is there a limit to how much I can gift?
- Yes, you can gift up to $60 of Skinny credit every 7 days, 1GB of Rollover Data per 28 days, and 500 Rollover Minutes per 28 days.
I received gifted minutes/data, can I re-gift it to someone who is on Skinny too?
- Absolutely, you can re-gift using the Skinny Mobile App - it'll be treated like any other Skinny gift!
Do I get a notification when my gift expires?
- The gift is added to your existing allowances, so you'll be getting the standard notifications when your allowance runs out.
I am on a Rollover Plan and I have not exceeded the monthly Gifting Limit, however, I am still unable to Gift any of my Rollover Minutes or Data. Why is that?
- If you are currently on any retired Plans such as the $16, $26, $36, $66, or the $77 Plans, you will have to upgrade to our current 4-Weekly Prepay Rollover Plans in order to use Skinny Gifting.
Don't worry, we have not changed the prices for these new Rollover Plans. In fact, we've added even more data and minutes to them! Click here for more information!