How to unlock a Skinny Handset device?
Published 10/06/2016 12.00 AM | Updated 15/05/2018 11.21 AM
How do I unlock my Skinny Handset device to use it on another network?
- Get the Unlock code from us by logging into Skinny.co.nz (there may be a charge for this if the device has not been used for up to 9 months, Skinny terms and conditions apply).
- Put a non-Skinny SIM in your phone and power it on.
- You will be prompted for the Network Unlock Code you have got from us.
- Insert the Network Unlock Code and select OK/Unlock.
- If you have successfully unlocked your device, the phone will start up as normal.
What happens if the provided Unlock Code is incorrect?
- If you get it wrong it will say Incorrect Network Unlock Code.
- It will show you the number of chances left to enter the code correctly.
- Certain devices have a limited amount of chances to enter a successful unlocking code. After this, the phone will lock for all networks and you may need to contact us to discuss your options.