How to change my WiFi settings | HG659
Your Skinny Unlimited HG659 modem will have arrived with a super-secure, unique wireless network name (SSID) and password by default. Some people do like to customise these to make them easier to remember though. Here’s how you’d go about doing that:
- Connect a computer to the LAN port on your modem using an ethernet cable
- Open a browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox…)
- Enter “192.168.1.1” into the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Your browser will show the modem’s login page. Use these details to log in:
- Default username: !!Huawei
- Default password: @HuaweiHgw
Wireless settings can be found under the middle “Set Up WLAN” option:
Advanced settings can be found in the menu options at the top of the page. Please note, however, that any changes made apart from your WiFi network name and password won’t be supported by our team.
If something goes wrong, you can factory reset your modem and use the default settings again.