How to change my Wi-Fi settings | Smart Modem
Your Skinny Smart Modem will have arrived with a super-secure and unique wireless network name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key) by default. Some people do like to customize these to make them easier to remember though so here's how you would go about doing that:
- Connect a computer/laptop to the LAN port on your modem using an ethernet cable
- Open a browser (i.e, Google Chrome, Firefox...)
- Enter '192.168.1.254 into the address bar and press 'Enter' on your keyboard
- Your browser will show the modem's login page. Use these details to log in:
- Default username: admin
- Default password: admin
Please note that you'll be asked to save a more secured password immediately that requires at least 1 upper case letter, 1 number, 1 special symbol, and 8 characters or more in total.
- Proceed to click WLAN from the top menu, then WLAN again from the middle left menu.
- Look for the options SSID and WPA Pre-shared Key. These options are your Wi-Fi name and your Wi-Fi password respectively and you can change them into much more suitable details!
- Once you're done, remember to select 'Save Settings' to complete this action and you'll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi connection using the password!