How to change my Wi-Fi settings | B315
Your Skinny Wireless B315 modem will have arrived with a super-secure, unique wireless network name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key) by default. Some people do like to customize these to make them easier to remember though. Here’s how you’d go about doing that:
- Connect a computer/laptop to the LAN port on your modem using an ethernet cable
- Open a browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox…)
- Enter “192.168.1.254” into the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Your browser will show the modem’s login page. Use these details to log in:
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
- From the top option tab, select Settings.
- Then, select WLAN Basic Settings from the left middle tab.
- Look for the options SSID and WLAN key. These options are your Wi-Fi name and your Wi-Fi password respectively and you can change them into much more suitable details!
- Once you're done, remember to select 'Apply' to complete this action and you'll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi using the new password!